LIN4SCRAPPIN

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hi Everyone! I'm so excited to share my very first completed card project using my cricut expression! I just got it last month, and I received my Mini Monsters Cartridge on Friday! I couldn't wait to get it just for this cute Candy Corn girl! Isn't she just so cute?!?!
So I'm going to try my hand at a "tutorial" of how to make this card. I'll also post the other 3 I made after this one, all using the same techniques and measurments as this one! Here we go......


You will need the following items to make the card:
1.Cricut Mini Monsters Cartridge and the Cricut Expression
2.Black cards with envelopes ( mine is 6 1/2 x 5) or you can make yours with black cardstock
3.Orange cardstock cut to 6 1/4 X4 3/4
4. Candy Corn partterned paper ( Martha Stewart Halloween paper pack) cut at 6 X 4 1/2
5. Yellow cardstock cut at 6 X 2 1/2
6. Ribbon ( I bought mine at Michaels... it's just orange)
7. White get pen for doodling
8. Ghouls just wanna have fun stamp ($1 bin at Michaels) with black stamp pad
9. I also used orange and black stickles to embelish.
10. The Candy Corn girl was cut at 3 1/2 inches on the cricut expression with grey (base shadow) ,beige(layer 1),yellow(shift layer 1), orange(shift layer 2), black(icon), and white(layer 2) cardstock
First I glued my candy corn cardstock to the orange mat ( see sizing above).

Then adhere the ribbon to the yellow card stock strip. Add the yellow strip and ribbon to the candy corn patterned paper. I left a row of candy corns along the bottom edge and placed the yellow just above that.

Just stamp the sentiment in the bottom right corner!
Glue the Candy Corn girl layers together to make the cutest lil monster around!

I doodled with the gel pen on the black areas, outlined the orange corn pience with orange peel stickles,and black stickles for the eyes. Then add some pop dts/dimentionals to the lil cutie and add at an angle to the left side of the card!
And TADA! Super cute card! At least I think it is! I'm quite proud of my first card project! Let me know what you think in the comments!

I'll make another post with my other 3 I made for this set!
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment